Watch this space …on November 27, 2011 at 11:47 am
Until I get my first video set up and uploaded this site will be quite bare. I am currently looking into setting these videos up as podcasts, but as I have not run a podcast before I am still learning and exploring. Watch for the upcoming videos:
- A reading of the complete prologue to Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales (the tales themselves to follow);
- An overview of the Middle Ages, looking specifically at the legacy it has left us;
- A breakdown of medieval Irish poetic phonology as represented by the bardic tracts;
- Scottish Gaelic and Irish songs from the later Middle Ages;
- Some key poems from the medieval Irish didactic tradition (particularly the Trefhocal and some shorter poems from the Auraicept na nÉces);
- So much more!
Other plans that are currently in the works:
- A complete reading of Le Morte d’Arthur;
- Readings of key old and middle Irish tales including the Second Battle of Maige Tuired and Tochmarc Étaín;
- Complete readings of Old English texts including Beowulf.
Other suggestions are most welcome; just leave them in the comments.